Printer sometimes will not be added and it is required to add into the computer. The computer with Windows 8 operating system allows the users to add the printer into the devices of the system very easily. Adding of printer is also necessary when more than one printer is being added to the PC. Adding printer is one of the easiest tasks with the Windows 8 operating system, because it supports most of the printers without any problems. There is no special software requirement for the Windows 8 for the addition of printer.
Process of adding a printer into Windows 8 PC
The process of adding a printer into Windows 8 PC is in the following step-by-step method:
Step 1: Update windows to automatically download driver software
- Click change device installation settings present in the control panel.
- Now a device installation settings window is displayed on the screen.
- In that window, click on the ‘yes’ option and save changes.
Step 2: Computer and printer should be connected
Computer and printer are connected in the two ways that is either through a USB cable or else through a local network (wired or wire-less connection). This connection will help in detecting at the time of printer driver installation.
Connection through USB cable
- Turn on the computer, internet along with the printer device.
- Then connect USB cable to the printer as well as computer.
- A pop-up at the bottom indicates that a ‘New hardware is found’ and follow the on screen instructions.
- Try to print on a sample paper, if it prints, then printer is installed, if it does not then need to proceed with further steps.
Step 3: Installing the printer into the computer
In this step it is essential to select the printer connection type and with the help of Add printer wizard install built-in printer.
Connection through USB for Windows 8
- Using search bar search for ‘Devices and Printers’.
- Once they are found just click on it.
- Then click on the option ‘Add a printer’.
- Now just select the appropriate printer which needs to be added into the PC.
- Once selected, just click on the ‘Next’ button to proceed.
- Then follow all the on-screen instructions that appear on the screen.
- In case if the printer is not found in the list, after clicking on ‘Next’ option a screen appears, select ‘The printer I was not listed’.
- Now choose ‘Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings’.
- Then click on the ‘next’ button, then select ‘Use an existing port’ and ‘next’.
- Then click on ‘Windows update’ and after updating, click on ‘HP’ then select ‘Printer name’.
- Click on ‘Next’ and follow all the on-screen instructions.
- The final step in the process is to taking a sample print to check whether the printer is functioning or not.
The above steps when followed carefully will help in adding the printer to the Windows 8 PC.
If you have any query related to your problem you can directly contact on HP technical support phone number (+1-844- 585-4521).